discussing for reference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how about we start a thread (possiblly stickied) for discussing stuff in for reference to try keep the for reference thread itself clean.

Sponsored Links
I think the For Reference topic is long overdue a good tidy-up, and probably being split into a number of separate topics, e.g.

Wiring Diagrams
Reference Data
Background/Theory
Useful links
Regulations :eek:

How about an FAQ section.... ??

1) I've changed my light fitting, wired all the reds together, all the blacks together, turned back on and the house has been plunged into darkness...

2) My new light fitting's only got two terminals - My old one had three. Is it OK to stick the wires in at random, or is there an order to it ?

3) I want to run 32 sockets out on a spur to the middle of my lawn. Will this work...?

etc.

Sponsored Links
3) I want to run 32 sockets out on a spur to the middle of my lawn. Will this work...?
why would you need that many sockets? how would you answer this? ;)

You could also have a section "Installing for a friend" or "my mate has asked me to xyz..." This seems to be quite popular

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back