discussion taken from for reference thread.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
you aren't really supposed to have discussions in the for reference thread (and no doubt in time a mod will clear them up) so im copying the conversation so far and continueing it here.

t4msy said:
breezer said:
Series-Parallel.jpg

picture designed and drawn by ban-all-sheds

Nice to see someone used brown wires instead of red. Also live cables that are not brown should be marked with brown tape. If u are still using red a warning notice should be placed at the consumer unit.

ban-all-sheds said:
And what should that notice say?

IanDB said:
You get a label, attach it to the red wire and write on it - "red wire used"!

t4msy said:
warning this installation has cable colours to 2 versions of bs7671. [/img]

Sponsored Links
t4msy the time you need a notice is when you mix colors on an install.

so if you are extending a red/black install using red/black (assuming you can still get it) you don't need a notice despite what you implied.

equally if you are extending a red/black install with brown/blue then you do need a warning notice despite the fact you are not adding any wiring in old colours.

Comments like the one you made are what gives people away as someone who

the replys were playing with you to see how quick you would contradict/embarrass yourself

there is a very low tollerance of bullsh*tters here.

plugwash said:
you aren't really supposed to have discussions in the for reference thread (and no doubt in time a mod will clear them up) so im copying the conversation so far and continueing it here.
Funny you should say that - I was thinking as I posted to it again "must get the mods to remove this soon"...

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
t4msy the time you need a notice is when you mix colors on an install.

so if you are extending a red/black install using red/black (assuming you can still get it) you don't need a notice despite what you implied.
Doh - that's what I said:
In the For Reference topic ban-all-sheds said:
Only if it does actually use 2 colours. You said "If u are still using red a warning notice should be placed at the consumer unit."

I'm still using red (and black). But as I'm not also using brown & blue, I don't need a notice.

the replys were playing with you to see how quick you would contradict/embarrass yourself
Surely not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back