Disgraceful

Sponsored Links

Because the vast majority of GP's are self employed, they are basically a franchise although they still receive benefits from the NHS such as pension and a guaranteed income stream. They have many sources of income including incentives from 'big pharma'.

If you're going to complain about NHS funding, fair enough, but at least choose a branch of the NHS more worthy than General Practitioners.

No capital to build a new GP surgery - £2.5m - but we will pay £200k a year for a 10 year lease on a GP practice built by a private landlord.

To accommodate a private business. Are GP's complaining?

They have many sources of income including incentives from 'big pharma
You are thinking of Tory MPs....

Owen Paterson.....

A healthcare firm which employs the prominent Conservative politician Owen Paterson as a paid consultant has been awarded a £133m contract without any other firms being given the opportunity to bid for the work

Utter ****** on both counts.
The wage level required can be lowered in exchange for a specific job offer and 'MAC' designation.

Should that specific job come to an end then reapplication applies.
And should the 'MAC' suddenly re-designate the status of a job, then 'tradable points' against salary requirements drop away and thus so does the right to stay...

Do you call that job security?

EU/EEA nurse thinks, 'where shall I go to work'?
The UK where I have no long term certainty. Or 30 other countries where I already have that certainty!

Would you go to a country that holds that power over you?
Have you ever been in that position?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
more worthy than General Practitioners
It's still a demanding job. It's not easy money like being a Tory MP dishing out lucrative contracts to mates for big backhanders (share options), is it.

I'd say, across the board, they earn their crust.

It's still a demanding job. It's not easy money like being a Tory MP dishing out lucrative contracts to mates for big backhanders (share options), is it.

I'd say, across the board, they earn their crust.

I don't disagree with any of that. I don't think they need Galahad complaining on their behalf though, they're doing OK.

Back