dishwasher blues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Maytag dishwasher that usually works really well. It really cleans the dishes without having to scrub them beforehand. However, the other day I ran it and the dishes came out free of food and but were all chalky as though they had not been rinsed. I ran them through again, but it did not solve the problem. Now I am washing all thoses dishes by hand to get the residue off of them.

My first question: what went wrong? I might add that the temp booster was off and one of the sides where the soap goes did not empty. It was gooey and congealed but still very much unused by the washer. Second question: Is there any secret to getting the residue off the dishes that I am afraid might be baked on by the washer? Please help!!!

Sponsored Links
Maytag is not a hugely well known brand over here in the UK so I am unfamiliar with them. (You can get them but they are expensive).Do you normally add rinse aid to the machine and/or salt? The chalky residue sounds like lime. Have you changed your detergent type - some have the rinse and salt built in.

I clean my machine (Miele) every few months with a bottle of special cleaner which gets everything sparkling again. Can't think what else it would be.

probably worth trying a different detergent as porker says.I was a miele service agent not long ago and they stated in writing with every new machine that on no accout should you use those three-in-one type rinse aids/detegent/pre-wash tablet things.They were proved by miele to not do the machines a lot of good,to the point that your guarantee was invalid if the fault was caused by using them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back