Dishwasher Error E2 - Water Inlet Malfunction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently had a new kitchen fitted and a dishwasher for the first time. The dishwasher didn't work and always displayed error "E2 - Water Inlet Malfunction" during a cycle. So I called Argos out, and the engineer believed it was the hose connection to the dishwasher, not the dishwasher itself. The connection was located right next to the dishwasher which meant the inlet hose was coiled - he believed this was the issue.

What I did was shorten the pipe work so the hose is no longer coiled. But it is still showing the error E2 mid cycle on a regular basis and failing roughly 60% of the time but the other times it works fine.

Is there anything else I can do - this is the current pipe setup I can't see how that can still restrict the flow of water? Its difficult to work out what is the fault.

This is the dishwasher;

http://www.argos-support.co.uk/import/white-goods/manuals/2588324 IM.pdf

Thanks All

Sponsored Links
Having a coil of plastic pipe won't make a difference to not having it coiled. Are there any service valves, stop taps, gate valves etc on the feed? Where any of the joints made with ptfe and it has covered the opening of any valves or pipe? Is there a filter on the inlet of the dishwasher?

I went to a job last week where the cold water in the kitchen was tank feed, it was like that for 20 years. The pressure was too low for the new dishwasher to work and showed a fault.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back