Is 3-4 Bar water pressure adequate to run a dishwasher?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an ongoing issue with our Dishwasher and the engineers seem to think it is our plumbing.

We are regularly getting an error - E2 - Water Inlet Malfunction Error. We always make sure we don't run taps when the Dishwasher is on, but still in about 30% of times we get this error. Sometimes at the start of the cylcle sometimes in the middle. Other times it works fine.

Today I bought a water pressure gauge and connected it up. Its showing almost 4 bar of pressure at the dishwasher connection. Does this prove that the fault is with the dishwasher? or could it be something else?

Instructions say that the dishwasher needs the following water pressure: Between 0.04 and 1 MPA

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Would you say its the dishwasher then or could it still be something on the supply side?

Sponsored Links
Is that 4 bar with another tap running or 4 bar static.?

Reading into that error, it could also be an overfill, i.e. your pressure and/or flow is too high and plays havoc with the pressure/flow switches. Have you tried partially closing the appliance service valve?

Its 4 bar static.

Originally when we first had the problem after it had been installed the engineer moved the dishwasher forward out of the cabinet and it worked a lot better. We thought it was because the water connection was directly under the dishwasher so the supply pipe was tightly coiled. I moved the connection back about half a meter and the pipe work is no longer coiled but its still happening.

Its been happening since day 1 so unlikely to be debris blocked in a tube.

Take the connection off the d/washer and run it into a bucket, you will soon see if there is a restriction or not.

Does your dishwasher have an 'aquastop' inlet connection? This could be the source of the fault.
Photo of the inlet connection would help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back