Dishwasher Indesit DIF 04 Just Wont Start - Aggh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Diswasher Indesit DIF04

Ok, from what i have read on t' internet perhaps buying one of these wasnt the smartest move. Anyway had it a couple of years and its actually been fine, until last week.

The machine appears to be OK. Lights work and it beeps when selecting programme, but when I close the door nothing happens. Its always need a bit of a slam but now nothing. I got it to start for a few seconds last week by slamming / leaning on the door (no wonder its bust!) but since then nothing.

I have taken the front panel off, and the wires to the door look ok. The door catch also appears to ok. can anyone recommend anything. I dont want to chuck out a machine that probably just needs a bit of TLC.

Any advice really appreciated,

Ta

Mark

Sponsored Links
Check the brown wires on the front that go the bottom of the door , inspect the thin bar that covers the loom at the bottom poss broken , give them a little tug.

Cheers Rocks, checked those wires again just now and they look ok. Peeled em away from back of the door and all intact!

Link the two wires together on the door micro switch just temporary see if it starts

Sponsored Links
Is that the two wires that run up the inside of the door to the locking mechanism. Is it possible to just unconnect then put them together. Is it ok to do this, assume low voltage running through them?

Yes thats the two wires but it's not low voltage it's 240 volts. Be carefull.

I can't unconnect them. I presume that means they have to be cut and put together? Total novice when comes to electrics. Not sure me and 240V are a good combination

Ok try this. On the micro switch is a black bobble push that in with a small screwdriver. Does it start, but you must hold and wait 15 secounds.

Looked all over the switch but can't find that bobble. Tried closing the switch with screwdriver but no luck. Thanks for all the quick replies btw :)

Yes. I need to know if there's power to door lock.

No nothing else , door lock looks suspect as you got power to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back