Dishwasher leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DI 450 slimline dishwasher which uses 14 litres of water per cycle. I left home when it had max 40 mins left to go of its 2hr 25 min eco setting cycle. I returned late that night to find the police had smashed down my front door because my downstairs neighbour had called them in a panic about a leak into his flat which turned out to be from a join in the S bend under the sink which had become loose I think due to normal vibration from dishwasher/washng machine use. There was no water on my kitchen floor only a small washing up bowl under the S bend which had filled up. As there was no leak whilst I was still at home I am wondering approx how many litres of water would be used in the final 40 mins of the cycle eg during the draining phase so I can have an idea of how much water went into his flat.

Sponsored Links
For the Police to make a forced entry then downstairs must have been underwater surely! 14 litres used in the whole cycle is hardly going to fill the flat. I'd expect maybe some dripping throught the ceiling, but hardly enough to make the carpet wet, after its been soaked up by the structure beforehand.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back