Dishwasher leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We installed a new Maytag dishwasher last year and it has recently started to leak underneath. There is a small cap or breather on the bottom left side that also raises/lowers to activate a micro switch and water drips from this shaft. Dealer says we are using too much soap. Reduced to zero and it still drips. Anyone else seen this problem or have any suggestions to fix. tks!

Sponsored Links
We have an Indesit dishwasher and had a similar problem. In our case it turned out that the dishwasher was not installed perfectly level. In my opinion it is a design fault if a very minor(!) tilt leads to the dishwasher leaking, but there you go. I don't know if that helps you, but it can't hurt checking with a spirit level!

good luck,
Andy

Thanks Andy, I'm fairly sure its level but will check to be sure. For now it has a bowl under it and the few drops that it leaks evaporates between uses.

Sponsored Links
Did you ever get the problem fixed? We have a Brand New Maytag Performa Dishwasher (Model PDB3600AWE) and it's doing the same thing. Watter is dripping in the exact same spot. I'm starting to wonder if it's a design flaw? The machine seems level, and it doesn't matter how much or little detergent we use. I'm also wondering if it's the Rinse-Aid that is causing too many suds. We have a water softener, and I've been told that with those you shouldn't need a Rinse-Aid.

Anyway, like you said the water is not a deluge, but it's still a concern, especially when there are electrical wires going to that switch. Oh, I should add that it's the float switch that we're talking about here. Perhaps the seal is loose or is missing entirely? Wouldn't surprise me at all since these damn things are built so fast. Anyway, keep me posted and I'll do the same. If the leak continues, Customer Service at Maytag will be getting a call for me. I've registered my warranty on-line so I know they'll have it. For now, I just keep a cheese cloth underneath and that absorbs the water. Keep in touch.

[email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back