Dishwasher leaking suds under door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whirlpool dishwasher two years old. Used less than once a week. Started leaking suds out bottom of door. Using same soap and amount. Tried reducing soap but didn't help. Cleaned soap out by using drain cycle which works fine.

Sponsored Links
i am not a dishwasher engineer but it sounds like the door seal has gone. have a look at the seal and compare the sides to the bottom

I has this problem before and the door seal was okay but it was a hard water scale deposit round the seal,clean it up and was okay after that.

The dishwasher door does not have a rubber seal on the bottom. It feels more like a Labyrinth type seal. This may be a design to keep the dishwasher from filling up with water without you knowing it and then getting a nice suprise when you open the door. I'm not for sure about this, just a guess. This is where the soap is dripping out. I don't know whats causing it. We are using the same amount and brand of soap as always. The dishwasher is like new and used very little.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the seal have a slight twist or door not shutting probably or seal need replacing as breezer's said earlier.

showme__1, did you find a solution? I'm having this same problem. Took off the inside of the door, the seal looks fine. Water keeps getting between the outer door and the plastic inside of the door. It's not the soap, I've ran it without any a number of times.

I'm pretty upset because this dishwasher is only one and a half years old.

Any suggestions??

Everybody may be looking for the wrong thing. There is no seal at the bottom. The dishwasher relys on the float to stop the water at the correct level. If the float shaft has soap scum or scales on it it sticks and too much water is in the bottom of the washer. Guess what, it looks like it's leaking. Four things cause overfill, bad switch on float (not likely), soap scum (likely), hard water scale on float (maybe), bent switch lever on bottom of float. The appliance repairmen don't want you to learn these facts cause they would lose a easy repair. If you try repairing this assembly watch out for the electricity in the switch.

I am having the same problem w. my dishwahser, although mine is a Kenmore, and I decided to observe it carefully w. the bottom panel removed looking under the door w. a mirror and flashlight and this is what I noticed. It comes out right in the middle of the door where the wiring is (unfortunately). With the bottom panel on, the water runs to the sides but I'm certain it is coming out the middle bottom. I took the door panel off to inspect for cracks as a source of a leak and here is what I discovered. The inner door panel itself, near the bottom, has some sort of vent holes at the very bottom. You can feel it w. your fingers if you reach in and feel around. My theory, and mind you this is only that, is that during the wash cycle there is constant splashing which is splashing some water through those bottom vent holes and thus onto the floor. I can't imagine why those holes would be there and I'm considering closing some of center ones up. But w. what? The float seems to work fine and I am certain it is not the door seals. I know this is a very late post but if it helps anyone, great.

When you say "soap"?? what are you referring to. Use standard 3 in 1 tabs... no foam at all then.

When you say "soap"?? what are you referring to. Use standard 3 in 1 tabs... no foam at all then.

Hi would like to know where you get them from none foaming tabs!!!!
all tabs i use and i have used a few brands ALL FOAM froth!!!(bubbles).
as i have found out now with my door leaking even after changing rubber (goalpost)type. :( it only happens on a certain part of the program!! or if i (turn off) open door (too many suds) machine pumps out and does all programs as normal.cool/hot washes.one thing, i have had to change was the inlet-valve (cold water supply) could this be a fault!!!
Thanks for any help.

i don't now !! but i have done in the past, but now the tabs have it built in there no need for them i would say. ;) i have even tried the cheapest of the lot to the most expensive (stockpiled) when i do the dishes the next thing is then washing machine on to wash the towels that i use to wipe up the bubbles. i have notices that on the rear of the top drawer a rubber insert looks like it has started to perish would this cause it ? excess bubbles. dishes always come out clean.

poss ,sounds like you got a hotpoint or indesit dw , if its perished top cups dont wash properly also check spray arms are not split or blocked both of them .

Thanks rock1 i will order a new seal and let you know if the bubbles/suds stop escaping. the both arms are in good condition i have put presure into both no leaks no splits. maybe change little rubber gasket between top arm and tray. yes you are right it is a Hotpoint. :LOL: thanks for your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back