Hotpoint BFI620 dishwasher leaking from door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this dishwasher for 2 years (came with the house when we bought it).

Have had no problems except until now when suds are coming out the door at each end. Seems to drain OK. No error codes. Is this a door seal problem?

Sponsored Links
what detergent are you using
try a cold rinse 1st no detergent
then do 2 hot intense washes with no detergent
then try a cheap dishwasher tab as normal use and see what happens
if no leak then build up in machine
if it leaks then you know its possibly seal
can you see any obvious issues with the rubber seal, does the door close properly

Using Fairy 3 in 1. Always have.

Only suds come out the door (cycle in progress as I type). Will check door seal once finished. What should I be looking for?

Sponsored Links
do u use rinse aid as well if so dont it causes over foaming turn it down to 1 ,and tilt front feet back slighty.also check that the spray arms are not split at the seams .

No obvious breaks in the seal. As said before only thing I have noticed is the seal at the bottom of the door curves over at the end.

Spray arms look to be OK.

Don't use rinse aid. Only the 3 in 1 tablet. Should I get suds at all? When opened the machine mid-wash the water level was just below the bottom rack, but mainly suds. However, the wash came out spotless, and no trace of suds at the end.

We are in a hard water area but have a water softener fitted.

Cannot tilt as is an integrated unit.

Should also point out that the machine didnt seem to leak on the rinse cycle part of the wash.

I removed the filter unit, and noticed that the "slot" that it fits into (which I assume is where it drains ) is full of water, up to a level just below the bottom of the washer. Is this normal?

How do I put the washer on a "rinse only" or "hot wash only" cycle as cakeman suggested? I only seem to be able to do full cycles. Should I just do a full cycle with no Fairy and see what happens at each stage?

And what is meant by a "build up" in the machine? Blockage? or just too many suds which need to come out somewhere?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back