Dishwasher not final draining (Hotpoint like Bosch)

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a Hotpoint Hydrocare 7883. Despite the badge, the internal parts all look exactly like Bosch. I bought it in 1996 from Powerhouse unsold stock, so it may be older.

The last couple of times I used it, I found a couple of inches of clean, hot water in the bottom. I first assumed that a pan had turned upside down during washing, but it has happened again. There is no sign of food particles or detergent in the water. The basket filters are clean.

When I set it to "rinse and hold" and start the cycle for a few seconds it pumps out dry, so I don't think it is the drain hose or faulty pump (it drains into a standpipe just next to the machine, there is no overspill).

Because it has a timer, it usually runs overnight so it is finished by breakfast time.

It has an electronic control with LCD display; there is no rotating knob.

Unfortunately I turned it off before checking the progress indicator, so I'm not sure if it thinks it has finished the cycle. However I do not rember hearing the "I've finished" intermittent bleep. Neither was it making a "help, my door's open" bleep, which I would have noticed.

I have no electronic skills. However I happen to have a spare (used) PCB that has the LCD display on it (this was changed under contract because the display went dim, but I no longer have the service contract and wonder if I can fix it myself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back