Dishwasher not washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDF780.
A couple of weeks ago when it had finished the programme the dishes were not clean.
We turned it off overnight and tried again the next day and all was well.
It washed perfectly a few times over the next fortnight until yesterday when it failed to wash once again.
It fills and goes through the cycle with no error codes, but when finished the dishes have not been cleaned and the tablet has not been dropped from the now open container, and is not dissolved.

I fear it may be the (rather expensive motor) but wondered if anyone may suggest anything else that could be the issue.

Sponsored Links
No, it's the tablets.
Lots of faulty one around as we found out.
The boss bought some "finish" on a market stall = fake.
Yes, some crazy people are even faking dishwasher tablets!
However, she swapped to fairies from the shop and all went ok, until a rogue tablet which left crumbs behind.
Used a cleaning powder, fresh tablets, all good.
So we also found out that possibly main manufacturers are going cheap and some tablets are faulty.

We use the same brand tablets we have used for the last 5 years - with no problem.
On further investigation we find that the spray arms are not rotating (and that is why the tablets do not even get wet so have no hope of dissolving) - which according to further research indicates the fault is with the circulating pump - unless someone has other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Result.(y)
Although the circulating pump is over £100, I found one on Ebay - brand new genuine part - for £29 and coincidentally Ebay was offering me a £10 off coupon for which the part qualified. For £19 it was worth a go.:unsure:
It arrived this morning (within 48 hours) and took me 1/2hour to fit - now the machine works perfectly again.
Happy chappy - and even happier other half :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back