Dishwasher on ground floor - plumbing issue?

@Johntheo5 wasn't telling me I needed to buy anything - he was explaining the purpose of the high loop as that's what I have to get sorted.

My plumber still hasn't rung me back. He's going to feel my wrath!

Sponsored Links
@Johntheo5 wasn't telling me I needed to buy anything - he was explaining the purpose of the high loop as that's what I have to get sorted.

My plumber still hasn't rung me back. He's going to feel my wrath!
Here is mine, its connected high up opposite the blank cap, with no loop, ~ 12ins to the bottom of the trap and ~ 5ins (above) to probably where the water level is.
You have to turn the photo 90deg anticlockwise.
Dish Washer Connection.jpg

So the plumber has said I will either need to move the pipework closer to the dishwasher or have the trap changed and get a pipe extension - something about the trap going straight across which isn't how they are made nowadays. He said that he had made the hose as short as possible, as I'd asked. My view is - yes, but I'm not a sodding plumber, am I? You knew that I was having problems with the smell and I didn't know why. His response to my text when I asked if this would stop the smell was "I don't know". Anyway, this will probably wind up costing me another £80 so I am wondering if this is something I could do (or get my dad to do!). I know that technically he has done what I asked him to do, but as someone else said commonsense does not seem to be his strong point.

Sponsored Links
Update: I bought a new hose, ditched the rubbish plumber and got a handyman to fit a new trap and the pipe. He did a great job and cost £50 so I am relieved. The smell seems resolved as well! Thank you all so much for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back