Dishwasher smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had an older dishwasher and it smelled badly no matter what we cleaned it with. One day it blocked and did not drain any more. I pulled it out and removed its drain hose. Inside the drain hose was filled with a very dense, creamy, very white paste, across all its length. It was some sort of fat emulsified with the various chemicals etc.

The newer dishwasher has started to smell similarly and no amount of soda, vinegar, and other special detergents has eliminated the bad smells. Even though it drains properly, I suspect similar issue, ie partially blocked drain hose.

However this dishwasher has this electrical valve at the end of the drain hose to prevent leaks. Before I pull it out and start hacking away, is there a way to disassemble that valve to access the drain hose easily?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back