Dishwasher & Washing Machine waste using a HEPvO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to start getting the kitchen sorted and picked up a load of waste parts in preperation. I picked up 2 HEPvO wastes with the plan of using one to come from the sink down to the outgoing pipe and another for the dishwaster and washing machine.

Now i picked up 2 spigot Ts that fit onto a traditional waste but I thought they would just go onto a run of pipe (doh).

Can I get a 2 way spigot like the McAlpine V33WM and got straight into the HEPvO and then along to my outlet pipe? Will the topof this "stack" need to be open or can it be capped off?

Sponsored Links
I would use a solvent weld to iron adaptor myself and leave the top open and as tall as is practical.

I haven't yet tried a self sealing valve but assume it would be a suitable solution.

As an aside,

I am about to do a similar job myself and have been looking at the options.

You won't get two washing machine wastes into a 40mm stack without a y piece or or some other compromise.

Personally I am probably going to have two valves and two stacks as I don't have room at low level for many options, I have about 150mm of horizontal pipe visible between the washing machine and the 110mm waste stack. else I would fit the waste valve horizontal.

Usual cautions apply, I am experienced but not qualified, there are plenty of threads on this subject and some solutions will work fine for years but still be a flood waiting to happen.

Six inches of pipe in a U support screwed to the wall going into its own open stack.in 32 years of washing machine ownership has been 100% reliable for me. I have used a spigot for a dishwasher and 33 years ago I used a self cutting strap on connection with a non return valve. Never ever again!

PS Put the sink nearest the waste exit if possible and the washing machine and dishwasher beyond it. Unless you have an extra wide worktop, getting the wastepipe behind most dishwashers can be a challenge, not to mention all the supply hoses etc.

Sponsored Links
http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-appliance-trap-40mm-white/95241;jsessionId=mylBRjpKy4ltlXngP34NKgjkj1HJ92Db5RKLvLpQ301pNn4LTDN1!-1364685088!1365502346261

Easiest cheapest and less space consuming

Indeed, I bought one of those on Sunday and also a space saving trap with no spigots. I don't know which I will use yet until I get the Trouble Sink installed (Belfast)i want to avoid extending any flexible hoses or but still have enough give to pull the macines out easily etc.

self sealing valve seems an elegant solution but I wonder if they can cause blockages like the other ill fated non return valve I once used?

If I go for a double stack it will now be a branch and a swivel 45 I think. We only use the dishwasher or the washing separately machine anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back