Disposing of insulated plasterboard

Skip gets tipped out and sorted through. Everything gets sorted by hand. Wood. Metal ect.
Then they will chase you for more money when they see plasterboard.
I kind of thought that was the case... Not a nice job the way people treat skips! They are welcome to the money they charge

Sponsored Links
Big indoor hanger.
By midday it's a big pile of waste in centre.
Water mist sprayed from above as they sort through.
Diggers and dumpers around.
Guys climbing over the waste fishing out material of value.
At the end of day it's all gone. Skips around hanger walls full of metal, wood and soil ect.

Skip gets tipped out and sorted through. Everything gets sorted by hand. Wood. Metal ect.
Then they will chase you for more money when they see plasterboard.
Or...
Skip gets emptied in a compactor, the waste is then sent to other countries where they sort it.
We get green credentials to please Greta Thunberg, the poor countries get the money and any valuable they find in the rubbish, then they dump everything else in the sea.
Greta Thunberg can continue her fairy tale, we get taxed more, our rubbish is collected and the cycle restarts.
Everyone happy...
I mean...
The ones making money are happy, we just pay more and more to be green but in reality we are not.

Sponsored Links
Or...
Skip gets emptied in a compactor, the waste is then sent to other countries where they sort it.
We get green credentials to please Greta Thunberg, the poor countries get the money and any valuable they find in the rubbish, then they dump everything else in the sea.
Greta Thunberg can continue her fairy tale, we get taxed more, our rubbish is collected and the cycle restarts.
Everyone happy...
I mean...
The ones making money are happy, we just pay more and more to be green but in reality we are not.
jonny has never been to a skip yard, clearly.

Whenever I hire a skip they say PB is on the no-no list along with car tyres and part-filled paint cans, they let you put a little bit on top but that's it. How are you supposed to get a skip for a larger amount... like if you are rippling out a whole room/house to renovate?

I was unaware of the extensive list of prohibited items.

It even includes any electrical devices that have a plug or use batteries.

It has been about 5 years since I last hired a skip. We told the hire company that we were ripping down a shed and and building a summerhouse. From memory, they requested that we didn't put too much soil in to it because of the weight.

With skips talk to provider.
Soil and other things can be put in 1 ton bags and lifted up on the skip or picked up separate.
With lot's of soil they like it separate. It's sold on

Same here, 11 years ago we had 3 or 4 large mixed load skips for clearing the house and stripping it out. Were something like £180 each, delivered and collected. More like £400 - £500 now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back