District Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, who can help? I'm going to sound pretty thick about all this, but here goes: I just moved into a flat with district heating. There is a Logotherm Unit in the flat, and apparently the flat below is 'fed' via this flat.

My problem is that the boiler (?) makes a loud 'boiling' noise, 24/7, even when my own heating is completely off. There are a range of switches and knobs accessible on the unit and I'm tempted just to turn the whole lot off and close off the water too, but I worry a little about maybe blowing the place up. As the night wears on I'm more and more tempted to just go for it.

Is there anything I really should not touch, or is there a particular order in which things should be switched off?

PS: I have spoken to the maintenance guys, of course, but they don't seem to have much enthusiasm for finding a solution to the problem.

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Logotherm is sold in the UK by Pegler-Yorkshire. Get in touch with the tech support team on 0800 156 0015. They should be able to help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back