Diverter lever for these rare French taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've been struggling to find a replacement diverter lever for these French taps. The metal cog casing inside the lever broke and I believe it's unlikely to be repairable. I don't know what make the taps are unfortunately, all I know is apparently they 'came from France'. That would be the first mistake! javascript:emoticon(':LOL:')

I've have looked around online and in a few local suppliers, with no luck.

It doesn't matter if the lever doesn't match the rest of the taps. I just need it to fit the cog - I can live without a matching tap. I'm also open to a workaround if anyone has ideas.

For example, I'm happy with something such as this Mira Montpellier Diverter Lever Assy 441-07:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321235578739?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'm not sure whether it will fit though. (Yup, I've asked the seller, but no response).

If I've left any information out, just ask and I'll update. I'm desperately trying to avoid having to shell out £100's replace the entire set of taps! Can anyone help?
Many thanks in advance
Al

This is the diverter, without handle, and with size reference

The inside of the lever, where you can see the inside cog has broken in half.

This is the lever with a small plastic cover

Close up of the diverter, without the handle.

The whole tap unit

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You might be able to replace whole mixer if the inlet from wall is same as Victorian bath shower mixer and take off riser/tail bit and connect straight to existing back nut on wall.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back