Leak on Baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone offer any advice on my Baxi boiler.
It is leaking at the rear of the DHW pressure differential valve, where it joins the diverter valve manifold. I have replaced the Actuator Nut Bush 248062NUT twice and also the piston that runs inside the bush, but to no avail, it's still leaking about a bucket a day.
Any ideas anyone?
Many Thanks.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
If it is leaking badly as that, perhaps you have not changed the correct component

If your system pressure gauge remains stable, then the leak is from the rear of the differential valve which is subject to mains pressure.

Thanks both.
Good point Pete, the pressure on the gauge is constant.
I'll have another look at the differential valve.

Sponsored Links
your leak is from the front section which is the fresh water section take the brass section off and look at back of it you will see water marks there

Your leak will be from the rear of the hydraulic unit.

There is a nut which screws in to contain a very small "O" ring which can be a little difficult to buy on their own and are more usually included in repair kits.

Needs to be reassembled with liberal silicone grease.

Tony

if you are losing that much water and the system pressure is not dropping then it is the mains water that is leaking it is on the round DHW diaphragm housing at the front of the diverter valve it might only leak when you run a HW tap but should be visable if you are filling a bucket every day

Very many thanks to all that replied, you were dead right & I now have a working boiler and a quieter wife.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back