diverter mico switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friendly format 80e Sime installed 99 jobs done divert valve last summer + 2 ignition boxes .Right after getting some quotes for a new boiler :eek: decided to have a look as I have done some little jobs on the boiler and may have found the problem.. the diver valve micro switch is badly burned bottom terminals. We have been getting a burning smell and this is where it is coming from. What would cause this? Failure of the micro switch?
At the mo the heating when I turn it on at the spur stays on even if I turn off the stat? And is only turned off at the spur?
Also the water isn't always very hot?
Suffice to say we are only using the boiler when absolutely' necessary ' can I get the micro switch?
Is there anything else which I need to do other than this? Ta
Dave
I realise alot of questions and poss hard to answer but best guesses would be great even if I can then tell an engineer what I think.

http://www.ezypart.co.uk/parts/part_id__61

Would that be the part? ta
D
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
SOunds like it's worth a new microswitch - it could be holding the boiler on if it's shorting. But do check to see if the gland seal behind it is leaking water into the switch.

Chris I did see a drip of water when I opened it up from that area......how easy is the gland to sort out?
Hope its not diverter off as I really enjoyed that job!! :mad:
Ta Dave

You might as well replace the gland and then the microswitch and see what effect that has.

Unfortunately the Sime are seen as cheap boilers and are always installed badly with untreated water. That causes the glands to leak and ultimately the pump to fail.

Installed on a clean system these boilers would last 10-12 years. Most I see are changed after 3-5 years.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry to be dense here but cant find any ref to gland or part no for it?
Called anything else?
Can it be changed in situ?
Ta Dave
Now got to get it done no hot water!!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back