diverter valve actuator/stepper motor not moving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heatline c24 condensing boiler diverter valve actuator/stepper motor is not moving.
The central heating and hot water work correctly if i operate the diverter valve manually.
Continuity of the 3 lead actuator/stepper motor power cable is ok.
Actuator/stepper motor has been replaced.
I suspect the main pcb is at fault and needs replacing.
Can anyone confirm this is the fault and that nothing else could be at fault.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have a heatline c24 condensing boiler diverter valve actuator/stepper motor is not moving.
The central heating and hot water work correctly if i operate the diverter valve manually.
Continuity of the 3 lead actuator/stepper motor power cable is ok.
Actuator/stepper motor has been replaced.
I suspect the main pcb is at fault and needs replacing.
Can anyone confirm this is the fault and that nothing else could be at fault.
Cheers

Hi, I,I am having hot water problem on C28 boiler. A new plate heat exchanger, valve and diverter motor was installed recently and the boiler was working fine. However now after few days, I am not getting hot water, it is a bit warm but the pipe going to radiators is burning hot. I guess the valve spindle is not being pushed correctly? I have removed the actuator motor and do not see it doing anything regardless of whether there is a demand for hot water or central heating.

My question is that if I removed the actuator motor from the valve and then demanded hot water, should I see the little spindle inside the actuator motor come out? I am not seeing the spindle move at all whether I demand hot water or central heating. Is there a way to test the actuator motor directly with ac mains supply. The connectivity between the motor and pcb seems fine (all 3 wires). Please let me know how you resolved your problem. Many thanks

You can test to see if the diverter head is getting the correct voltages from the board, it's pretty simple to do but if your not confident with a multimeter then best left to someone else. You will however need a RGI to change the board on your boiler as it has gas related settings!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back