Diverter valve for potterton statesman flowsure

I

Igorian

Hi guys

A long time ago (but not in a a galaxy far away), I had a problem with the actuator on the diverter valve (not sure if this is the correct terminology) and I had a guy come to look at it. He purchased a new actuator and valve, but only replaced the actuator. It worked for about a year and then failed.

The next guy I had out, removed the actuator and took it with him to source a replacement, but he didn't return. As I could operate the valve by turning the spindle, I didn't actively chase him. When I eventually got around to contacting him, he was "no longer available".

I've noticed that the current valve is stiff compared to the new one, and i'm wondering if this may have contributed to the actuator failing. I'm pretty confident that I can replace the valve myself and i'd also like to buy and fit a new actuator too.

My only concern would be the wiring. As he removed the original, I have nothing to copy, although I do have the original boiler manual, yet to be read :D .

1) Can anyone advise where best to buy the actuator, as the places I have looked seem very expensive? Are there alternatives to the genuine part that you could recommend?

2) If anyone has any advice on this model, I would be grateful. Is there any setting up involved with respect to the valve position for example? Is the wiring going to be straight forward?

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
Replacement is straightforward, just a little awkward because of location.
The myson number is on the old actuator, but as you don't have this, is it not referred to in the book? Try www.abgo.co.uk , they are quite helpful.

I've read the manual and the actuator is not listed separately. I checked the site you mentioned, matched the actuator to the full part and placed an order. Good price too, so thanks for the info.:cool:. As you say, it looks easy enough.

Unfortunately the Diverter valve body is unique to the potty flowsure as it has flanged connections and is FABULOUSLY Expensive I'm afraid damned fiddly to install too! :evil:

Sponsored Links
I have a new valve body. The first engineer supplied the full part, but only fitted the actuator. Yes, access to the bolts looks tight. I'll let ya know how it goes. :D

Well, the part arrived on Friday and jobs done.

Cheers again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back