Diverter Valve Issues !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A heating engineer recently replaced my controller, pump and diverter with the following:

- Controller: Drayton LP722
- Pump: DAB Evosta 40-70/130
- Diverter: Corgi 22/28mm mid-position valve actuator

Its a gravity system.

About 2 hours after he left, the diverter starting clicking every 2 seconds and the radiators came on when only the hot water should be on.

He came back and replaced with a new diverter thinking it was dodgy valve. All was well for about 2 weeks but its just starting clicking again and the same situation with the radiators back on.

Surely it can't be another dodgy valve? Has he wired it up incorrectly do you think? Is there something on the actual diverter that needs to be adjusted somehow?

I'm trying to get hold of him again but I have a feeling he won't know what is causing it.

Many thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Sponsored Links
If he replaced only the actuator for the motorised valve, it is possible that the valve itself is sticking, and that the actuator motor doesn't have the power (they are only about 6 watts) to move it.

I would:

a. Isolate power to the system
b. Remove the actuator head.
c. Try moving the valve spindle by hand. They only turn 15 to 20 degrees in total.
d. If spindle too stiff (either can't be turned at all with the fingers or needs excessive force), replace whole valve. (May require drain down)
e. If spindle moves freely, scratch head and think again

Sometimes its difficult to get the little blip on the end of the shaft to insert into the corresponding hole in the head.

Then the motor cog is not hard against the toothed segment gear and they click instead of just stalling the motor!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back