Worcester 24i Junior diverter problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had a plumber out to have a look at our combi boiler as the heating side of things wasn't working having not had it on over the summer. After precisely an hour of checking the boiler and cleaning the diverter he charged £65 for his labour, saying we might eventually need a replacement. Straight after he left, and I'm kicking myself now for not checking it before he left, we had no hot water. I reset the boiler which seemed to get everything working again.
Hours later before going to bed hot water didn't work again. So reset the boiler and hey presto hot water came back.
At this point I imagine it's a replacement diverter valve that's needed. But I don't understand why resetting the boiler is getting the diverter to work. Surely if it's stuck it's stuck.
Also regarding the diverter, could it be the stepper motor or and a dodgy valve? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Call him back...the early larger Grundfos motors are prone to failure.
They can stick and unstick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back