replacing diverter valve without removing diverter housing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

i have a rubbish boiler yep you guess it correct. ISAR HE30. i got it free via warmfront.

anyway. 3 years ago, the problem started when the hot water sent to radiators. plumber came and replaced the diverter valve/actuator and charged me £300 for everything.

last year the boiler stopped working and displayed error message (cant remember what was the message). i researched the error message and it was the faulty PCB so i decided to replace it myself. bought new one and replaced it myself. it was dead easy.

last night the hot water is sending to radiators again grrrr. but after switch off and on the boilder. its fine now. i think the diverter valve is sticnking and will fail very soon. i look up the manual and it looks very easy to replace the diverter valve but the question is do i have take the diverter housing out before replace the diverter valve cartridge (part no 174200 or 173967, will check the colour of box head when i get home). ? will it damage the gasket if i need to take the housing out?

or can i just remove the actutor and replace the diverter valve cartridge?

oblviously i'll drain the water first

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back