Diverter valve ferroli optimax c31

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What causes the diverter valve to operate? I have replaced mine a couple of times, but the rads still getting warm when I draw hot water. I assume the diverter valve is not operating. But what triggers it to shut off?. I'm looking for a problem earlier on in the process I guess?

Sponsored Links
The motor operates the valve, so maybe that's not moving properly?

Makes sense, but what energises the motor? How does the boiler know the hot water is being called for?

Sponsored Links
So previously I changed the flow sensor and didnt make a good job of it. I either misfitted it or it was faulty part. Basically it wasnt sensensing any flow, but the result was the ignitors were not firing. When I put the old one back it started firing again. So my conclusion was the flow sensor told the ignitors they had to fire. But I didnt know if the also told the diverter valve to switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back