Ferroli Optimax 25c boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a Ferroli Optimax 25c boiler which has been installed about 6 years. I have arrived back from work today and noticed we have no hot water but the rads were warm. I have turned the boiler off, then on after a minute to reset the clock etc. On turning the boiler back on, the following displays were shown, 88 (I presume the LED matrix display test), dp, 26, LU. and then two dashes which means that the boiler is off I think. Since resetting the boiler the rads have now gone cold (or the boiler had just packed up as I returned from work). The fan is on constantly. We have a gas supply, and the hot water seems to flow through the boiler as I can hear it running through the pipes when I turn the taps on. I have now tested the three way valve to the left of the lower components, and have no power at the change over motor(Diverting valve); (Using a voltmeter at the motor terminals). The wires to the motor enters a unit which I think is the CVBC PCB unit situated under what looks like a gas valve assembly, and after taking the cover off, I have noticed a heavy duty resistor burnt out next to a blue capacitor (about 6mm in diameter). This unit looks like it could be a CVBC part DCF02.1 made by Honeywell.
I have since tried to manually operate the change over valve (Diverting valve?) but this has no effect and the boiler won't light now, and the fan is constantly on. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
a 6 year old optimax thats still running! that must be a record. Fans are very comm problem & dont throw up an error code.

Burnt boards are usually when 240 been put thru low voltage stat terminals. The fan does not wreck the board the board does not wreck the fan.
Pump runs first then fan kicks in - then it just hangs. Fan would b my first choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back