what does the main pcb and cvbc control?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: i have a problem with a diverting valve the arm goes to b when power is on but just stays there when hot water is on, so no hot water .plumber says could be the cvbc unit and its about 200 quid .what is this cvbc thing and what does it do, my head is melted.could anyone help .the boiler is ferroli

Sponsored Links
It could be the cvbc (whatever that may be) or the pcb, or the diverter, or maybe the boiler has a case of Icelandic flu, or just a bad hair day.

Tell him to quote you for repairing what it is, rather than for guessing what it could be.
Does he guarantee that the 200 quid repair (+ vat or labour by any chance?) or is it a trial and error story?

he says its not the valve or s something motor but could be the cvbc unit its costing me a fortune.i would like to know what this is so i can ask him how it works and if he cant tell well theres gonna be a murder enquiery.please help

It could be the wiggle pin, or juddery poke in the pump
smells of haddock to me :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
he says its not the valve or s something motor but could be the cvbc unit its costing me a fortune.i would like to know what this is so i can ask him how it works ...
There really are only 3 questions you should ask:
How much will it cost?
How long will it take?
Will the boiler work reliably after I have paid you £x?

Why would you give a flying fart in a high wind what it is, how it works and why it keeled over? If he can't diagnose the fault well enough to be able to guarantee that replacing the warpplasmacoilspannerdiodesequenceranalysingsensor will do the trick, you need to find another engineer.

Sorry, I think I spelled warpplasmacoilspannerdiodesequenceranalysingsensor wrong, the spell checker is bloody useless.

nice one :LOL: tell him to beat it thats what ill do.new engineer required i fink him and his angleofthedanglemeetswiththeheatofthemeat talk :evil:

I have this great desire to ask if the plumber was Irish but apparently we are not meant to ask!

It sounds as if this "cbvc" is actually a motor valve. I have never heard of that term and wonder if your plumber doesn't know the correct term or is just trying to bamboozle you.

They cost about £50 to buy. We charge an additional £60 to our diagnostic fee of £84 if its necessary to drain the system but usually we can repair them without draining.

It could also be a control or wiring fault.

Tony

its a ferroli optimax 25c and it needs fixed as we are moving house and dont want to leave banjaxed for new owner .i may take u up on that offer. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back