diverter valve on a 3 year old Promax Store 24 HE Boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If diverter faulty again I would have a punt at saying system water quality isn’t clean enough and causing to fail.
Difficult to say for sure without seeing it.

Not sure what boiler you have as lots o potterton combis but could also be plate heat exchanger is very dirty and gives similar symptoms like a faulty passing diverter valve.

Having similar problems with the diverter valve on a 3 year old Promax Store 24 HE Boiler. On hot water only the primary is also passing to the CH.

There used to an old promax fitted, but after several years of disputes with the NHBC they finally replaced all boilers in the block of flats.

Since being fitted there has been:-

1 leak (Emerson rod seal) which flooded the flat below and also some of our flat - all claimed on Potterton insurance.

Plus the “factory fitted” filling loop was on backwards so an engineer had to visit to swap round - we are still unsure how the install engineer managed to fill up the system.

All in all, despite being a free replacement boiler it’s not proved reliable and now outside warranty and the 3 port valve is sticking.

That said the new boiler was fitted to any existing system where we had previously had issues and needed to clean out the micro bore.

What I find strange is they were able to fit a new condensing boiler without any magnatec - surely this isn’t possibly online with the regs? If it had one we would unlikely be having issues with the 3 port.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
What I find strange is they were able to fit a new condensing boiler without any magnatec
Well as you previously said, I know nothing about boilers, I know absolutely nothing about cars but would use magnatec oil if I thought it was worthy of it, I have forgotten more about boilers than you will ever know, if you want help on this site be respectful and you will get the help you need, as you are a boiler expert please explain to me me what a vehicle oil additive would do to help your central heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back