Diverter valve query - Worcester 9.24 Electronic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I had a leaky diverter valve, it kept weeping from 4 small holes located half way up the main body of the valve.

Assuming this to be a problem, I got a replacement and put it in yesterday. However, I've noticed that it's weeping
from the same holes as on the original one (not quite as bad however).

Now - what are the chances that I've actually been supplied a defective diverter valve, or is something else amiss.

In fact, why are those 4 holes there ? Perhaps it's an intentional part of the design to allow some water to escape ?

Here's a pic of the valve in question:

diverter.jpg

The boiler is a Worcester 9.24 Electronic combi, and is otherwise working ok.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks

Marcus

Sponsored Links
did you replace the whole thing or just top/bottom bit?

I replaced the complete valve.

It's a strange co-incidence if both the old and new valve leak from the same spot !

:)

The top half of the D/V is movable, for alighnment purposes, try tightening the grub screw which is visible in the photo.

Sponsored Links
Its faulty.

No water should come out of anywhere.

Cheapo copy valve if i'm not mistaken.

Take it back, but this time get a proper one. ;)

And while you are at it price up a new boiler :LOL:

The top half of the D/V is movable, for alighnment purposes, try tightening the grub screw which is visible in the photo.

But the water is coming out of the holes. How will tightening the grub screws stop that?

But the water is coming out of the holes. How will tightening the grub screws stop that?

agree scatman, hang off those grub screw to get them tight and it will still leak!!

Its the small o rings where the spindle passes from the DHW housing to the CH divertor valve that are leaking and can either be replaced as part of a service kit or the whole valve replaced.

for the service kit option however to do this part you need a special little tool to get the nylon bush out.

Return the thing under warranty and get a new one!

Thanks for the input guys. The grub screw is tight, and doesnt make any difference what I do with it.

It was a relatively low cost valve, because we were told that the original part was superceeded, and that in turn, was no longer available.

I think it's got to go back. :(

yes your correct the replacement D/V will not be the original,they are now superceeded, with a valve which requires some modification to the pipework

OK - all sorted.

A replacement diverter valve worked perfectly - no weeping whatsoever.

For reference, this particular copy valve was branded Banico (DVD-E3) made in Manchester by Banico Controls.

A more expensive replacement valve is also available under the Giannoni brand name.

Thanks again folks.

OK - all sorted.

A replacement diverter valve worked perfectly - no weeping whatsoever.

For reference, this particular copy valve was branded Banico (DVD-E3) made in Manchester by Banico Controls.

A more expensive replacement valve is also available under the Giannoni brand name.

Thanks again folks.

Hi, I have the exact same problem I think. Did your boiler leak only when the heating was Off?

Also, do you have any tips on how to replace the whole thing if I purchased the same valve from Banico Controls? Is it easy for a DIY'er with little knowledge of boilers

Cheers
Milky1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back