Worcester Water Diverter Valve advice or help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer any advice on this: The water diverter valve is not working. When there is hot water demand the pin which works the microswitches at the top does not rise. The switches etc are all OK and boiler works if I manually make them. The plunger had a small amount of white deposits around its exit from the valve body which I cleaned off easily. I also tried to lubricate it with WD40. However I don't think it is stuck - I can pull it up with some long nose pliers and I do then get hot water - but it won't stay up. If it's of any importance the failure was "instant" - ie it worked fine until it broke - there was no noticable deterioration like sometimes doesn't work or takes a long time to switch once water demand is on. Instict tells me there's a diapragm in the body which I expect has split.
Does this make sense ? Is the assembly repairable, ie can I get a new diapragm and if so is it worth repairing. details from my manual:
Boiler = worcester 9.24 electronic BF
Water diverting valve = type E body, drg 3/3846 part number ZAGAS051.

Thanks in advance if you can offer any help.

Sponsored Links
Easy diy fit.Turn off cold supply to boiler,open hot taps to release pressure and remove ?8 screws to gain access to diaphragm.Replace using grease supplied and reassemble in reverse order.

Thank 45yearsagasman. Did this yesterday and was quite straightforward. Didn't get any grease with the replacement diapragm, but used some I had anyway arounf the edge of the diapragm on the flat faces of the two halves before I re-assembled it. Anyway it works and I've got no leaks, so thanks for your advice.

Sponsored Links
Nice one,some kits some with a little silicone grease,but glad you managed to repair your boiler.Glad to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back