divertor valve for baxi 105e combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i need a new divertor valve for my baxi 105e and just wondered if anyone knew the going rate to have one supplied and fitted by a qualifyed heating engineer

Sponsored Links
For better or worse we live in a free market economy, not Stalin's USSR, so there's no going rate. If you're unable to DIY, call a local engineer for a price.

Why do you need a new diverter? I've never replaced one as they have service kits and can easily be refurbed to as new.There are very few moving parts.

If you chose to change it the rear heating section is just under £100 . if there is good acess to left side of boiler its about an hrs job to change. I guess your changing due to only warm water at the taps. If so .If you close the heating return valve under the boiler when you require hot water your likely to get it

Sponsored Links
In the boiler manual for this, I see in the spare parts section that their are no service kits - unless there are universal service kits that do the job?

are you sure you need whole dv? If rod is failing to come out or far enough to engage micro switch them you could just replace diaphram. Quite easy to change too.

That link aint a service kit for divertor and an hour to fit :eek: that takes 5 minutes

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The OP rushes in saying he wants to change it without saying why or questioning his diagnosis. Nor does he tell us when asked.

There are two main problems, the first is easy and the second and I always replace the rear section as when I have tried cleaning them usually I find them sticking again not so long afterwards.

Of course my objectives are to give the most reliable repair for the customer and replacement does that.

Tony

If the kits are used correctly then the diverter valve will be as good as new and last for a considerable length of time.

thanks guys for your help i was just asking because i've got a friend of a friend who as been to see it and it's been leaking for some time and the pin is well an truly stuck and he as advised a new one he is charging £195 fitted so just wanted to no if i was gettting ripped off or not. paul

So as suspected, you've no interest in plumbing & heating and want to use the forum as a price comparison site.

You are getting ripped off as the kits and labour would be considerably less.
I wish you well :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back