Divided we fall...

Sponsored Links
Research done on a YouGov poll that surveyed 1,594 adults aged 18 and above in England, 1,503 in Wales, and 1,006 in Scotland.
Thanks but that still doesn’t answer my question. “England, Wales and Scotland" is too vague an answer. As I said, if it was taken during a recent Brexit demonstration in England, Wales and Scotland”, the results will be meaningless and unrepresentative.

It’d be a bit like asking Nazi's in several European countries in 1940 whether Jews should be exterminated.

Sponsored Links
The trouble with any poll is where it is taken and what the question is. They only tell you how many were polled and no other details.

If, for example, you wanted to organise a poll to show that gambling should not be banned, you’d take it outside a bingo hall as it was emptying. Similarly, if you wanted to show that greyhound racing should not be banned, you’d take it outside the local dog track.

Where and how was the poll taken - if it was taken at a local knit and natter meeting, I’d be worried!

Pollsters sign up to a code of conduct.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/rules-and-practices-of-political-opinion-polls/

Great. I see they say this: "Each member is expected to post on its website a description of how it conducts its polls and how it weights or otherwise adjusts or models the raw data it collects in order to arrive at its estimates of the balance of voting intentions. At the same time the details of each poll, including full details of the question asked and detailed tabulations of how the answers given vary by people’s demographic and political characteristics should be posted within three days of the poll being published...".
That’s the information I’m interested in. Do you know where they publish that?

I wonder where this talk of violence comes from.

Sponsored Links
Back