Is Gasbag a Yorkie?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Readers of The Yorkshire Post deliver Brexit verdict in major new survey

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/new...-brexit-verdict-in-major-new-survey-1-9129244

"More than half of the people questioned for a major new survey think the UK would be better off economically staying in Europe – and a majority want to stick with the single market.

In the Brexit survey of 2,600 readers of The Yorkshire Post, 53 per cent said Britain would be better off economically inside Europe. And 58 per cent said Britain should continue to be part of the single European market.

The figures show a continuing split between those who voted Leave and those who voted Remain in the referendum. Among Leave voters, nine per cent think Britain is better off economically in Europe, while a fifth of these voters (21 per cent) think we should continue to be part of the single market.

Remain voters are, unsurprisingly, much more likely to think continuing close ties with Europe is a good idea, with 87 per cent saying Britain is better off economically inside Europe and 85 per cent saying we should continue to be part of the single market.More than three-fifths (64 per cent) of those surveyed said they were not happy with the status of Brexit negotiations at the moment, with just a fifth (18 per cent) saying they were happy. The rest were unsure.

Regardless of how those surveyed voted in the referendum, they were more likely to be unhappy than happy with the way negotiations are going. Among those who said they voted Leave, 47 per cent are unhappy with the status of negotiations compared to 32 per cent who were happy.

More than three-quarters (77 per cent) of those who voted Remain said they were unhappy, compared to eight per cent who said they were happy.

Most of those surveyed – 87 per cent of Leave voters and 92 per cent of Remain voters – said they would stick with how they voted if the referendum was held again.

Leave voters were more likely to say they would not vote in the same way now, with one in 14 Leave voters saying they’d act differently compared to one in 21 Remain voters."

I see that "Among those who said they voted Leave, 47 per cent are unhappy with the status of negotiations compared to 32 per cent who were happy." Poor things.

Sponsored Links
1/. Let the Government [The Westminster one] huff, Puff and do all the legwork with the rest of the EU

2/. Hold another referendum and see if the huffing, puffing generated by the [Westminster] Government has met all and I mean all the expectations of the voting public, after all we the public were promised all sorts of everything when / if? we leave.

3/. As UKIP IMO were the driving force that appeared at that time to reflect the general will of the populous, eagerly grabbed on by all main UK Parties who were scared witless by the upsurge of UKIP which appeared to have tapped into a voting pool that was it appeared sucking voters from the main two parties?

As an aside where did UKIP go? and who is the leader this week?

If the result of the exit plan is worse than we had as members, it would be an act of supreme folly to proceed with it.

But any party would be scared to pull the plug, they'd have to have a vote in Parliament and a referendum to see if the electorate is as silly as we fear.

Perhaps we'll have a hard winter before then.

I really think that this one off truly life changing decision for all of us simply cannot be left to a bunch of politicians who are following blindly a party line.

The final leave or stay decision has to be a decision by referendum by all.

And who knows maybe, just maybe this time around there will be minimal fear tactics as has dogged all I do mean ALL recent referendums such as the Scottish Referendum. and the EU referendum [remember the large red bus with some eye watering £££ to be saved? what saving??? as it turned out]

Sponsored Links
I really think that this one off truly life changing decision for all of us simply cannot be left to a bunch of politicians who are following blindly a party line.

The final leave or stay decision has to be a decision by referendum by all.

And who knows maybe, just maybe this time around there will be minimal fear tactics as has dogged all I do mean ALL recent referendums such as the Scottish Referendum. and the EU referendum [remember the large red bus with some eye watering £££ to be saved? what saving??? as it turned out]

Afaik or recall there has already been a referendum ??? seem to remember some type of vote that occurred ??

There was def' something on the telley about it ?

I certainly am.

Much more content than been a nutty moaning remainaphile, oh but that you realised your vote lost the day :LOL:

Your point of view lost ....my point of view won ...........don't be bitter, live with it :LOL:

It gladdens me much that your view lost, it really does .........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

silly gasbag pretends to ignore me, but he can't keep away.

If the result of the exit plan is worse than we had as members, it would be an act of supreme folly to proceed with it.

But any party would be scared to pull the plug, they'd have to have a vote in Parliament and a referendum to see if the electorate is as silly as we fear.

Perhaps we'll have a hard winter before then.

There is two L's in *******s ?

You were un ignored can't you read ?

Project fear raises it's silly silly silly head again .....stuff a sock in it.

"Goad" gasbanni

gasbag? goading? let me check...

I thanked John D for his post about me ....it might calm him down a little .........One word can rattle his cage BREXIT .......The winners !!!!!

I never fail to get a rise out of you...... I was being 'Ironic' don't you know.

Regarding the 'Lords' that failed politician got voted in there, you know that one that lost his seat Clegg.
Managed to keep in the media a little by whinging about the exit vote ...........so much for those in the Lords
Who cares what they think about brexit ......

why yes, he does.

Sponsored Links
Back