Immigrants and the NHS

What's the issue? If the NHS needs to employ non UK workers, they will continue to do so after Brexit. Its called controlled immigration.

Sponsored Links
What's the issue? If the NHS needs to employ non UK workers, they will continue to do so after Brexit. Its called controlled immigration.
This is the part that John D, and Noseall have a problem with. As soon as immigration is mentioned, they both pop their heads above the parapet, shouting "Racist " as loudly as possible. Neither of them have any concept about "controlled immigration." (expects JohnD to come back now with "How do you control immigration then?")

What does surprise me in the NHS, is the amount of foreign Health Care Assistants, who claim to be "Nurses" back home in India, The Philipines, etc, but are not prepared to undertake the conversion course so they can become nurses over here. They also complain about the wages, without realising , if they did the conversion course and became "nurses", they'd automatically move up three pay bands from that which they are currently on. Hmmmmm

This is the part that John D, and Noseall have a problem with. As soon as immigration is mentioned, they both pop their heads above the parapet, shouting "Racist " as loudly as possible. Neither of them have any concept about "controlled immigration." (expects JohnD to come back now with "How do you control immigration then?")

It's not like there's many discussions on immigration in an even-minded, sensible manner is it? There's comments like this tho:

This is what awaits if we don't control things right now. Trump is right all along, and won because he discussed painful truths, and exposed the not so secret plans that are evident in the video. This is how it happens, decent, white indigenous replaced by parasitic, greedy, cheating aliens who take and take, but want to put nothing back.
I don't see any evidence with the above comment, talking about a fair, good system. I see him calling human beings 'parasitic, greedy, cheating aliens' who will replace the decent white indigenous people of the UK. Sounds pretty racist to me imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the part that John D, and Noseall have a problem with. As soon as immigration is mentioned, they both pop their heads above the parapet, shouting "Racist " as loudly as possible. Neither of them have any concept about "controlled immigration." (expects
Lol. You have no concept of what the truth is either. Go find me a post where I have (even remotely) said what you have typed.

She won't. She can't. RWR = thick as shoite. Same old lies.

Sponsored Links
They get everywhere, eh?

"NHS Consultant Paediatrician who arrived in UK in 2005: "It shouldn't be just because I'm a consultant I can stay. Other people from Europe bring just as much contribution. A lot of cleaners and support staff are from Europe and I can't do my job without them"."

"Current figures show that one in 20 NHS staff in England are from EU countries, including nine per cent of doctors and seven per cent of nurses.

When asked if the NHS is struggling to recruit European staff following the referendum, Professor Jane Dacre, president of the Royal College of Physicians, said:...."

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-07-05/...plying-for-posts-in-the-uk-since-brexit-vote/

Years ago people voiced their concerns about the level of immigration into this country, people like you and the politicians fobbed them off with the usual condescending platitudes.
Now you got brexit. Get over it.

"rub the rights nose in diversity"
Andrew Neather

Now the remoaners have their noses rubbed in brexit.

You mean in the same way that you cheerfully and uncomplainingly spent the last 44 years within the EU?

Like most embittered remoaners you have no meaningful rebuttal to my comment.
All you got is biased links harvested from the left wing media.

Way I see it if the NHS needs certain skills/ staff & people from abroad have the knowledge. skill / qualifications , than who cares were they come from

what we do not need is dead beats, no-hopers & spongers

blimey we got enough of then as it is with out bringing in more from abroad :)

Jits,I hope you don't mind my altering your reply, but I had to just to clarify exactly what you were saying about noseall.
This is the part Noseall has a problem with. As soon as immigration is mentioned, pops his head above the parapet, shouting "Racist " as loudly as possible and has no concept about "controlled immigration."

I had to clarify because:

Go find me a post where I have (even remotely) said what you have typed

Go on then Jits, show him a post! I would, but I truthfully can't find any.

Last edited:
It's good to know the RWR can laugh about themselves. Great post Mitch - good standard.(y)

Does your wife use the Datix system to report such times when she is the only nurse on a ward at night? If not she really should. Wards have to have a minimum of two nurses on duty as breaks have to be taken off the ward. Wards are not allowed to have no nurses on the ward (even for half an hour break) They have to be covered for breaks. I'm a nurse and have used the Datix system to report staff shortages. One night shift I turned up for duty and found I was to be the only nurse on duty (other nurse had phoned in sick) . First thing I did was to phone the on call senior nurse (on another ward ) and tell her this situation was untenable and that I would IR (Incident Report) this, as it meant when I took my break the ward would not be covered, should any incident arise. Had an incident occurred whilst I was on my break and the ward was not covered, I'd be putting my NMC pin number at risk. Within half an hour a bank nurse arrived. When ever such situations arise within the NHS it should be reported. (If it's not written down or reported then it never happened. (an old maxim)

Yes, they submit IR1 forms till they are blue in the face - but the fact is NMC and HR would positively enjoy pedalling them if they left the ward to eat, regardless (of course the bosses know that in all conscience the nurse dare not leave the patients alone for fear what could happen if one took ill - they care.), . She tells them it's dangerous, is dangerous for patients and for the nurses registration - but management don't care, they are home in bed when this stuff is going on. They have 100 HR staff and yet 1 nurse on a ward, and one might wonder why they feel this ratio is OK - but they clearly do! The other night she was sent to a different hospital to a ward and a discipline she's never worked in before, leaving 1 nurse on her ward yet again - this is regular. But on the plus side, all the HR staff get their meal breaks, the buying staff often mention they've been away to seminars and so on, and the chief Exec rakes in his £100K+ or whatever it is, so all is fine.

One thing I found with the Datix system is it's user unfriendliness. When reporting an incident I have to first find out which section of the NHS I'm work for (Integrated Care, Elderly Care, Renal Unit, Cardio, Rehab, etc , all depending on which ward I'm on) Instead of just looking down a list of wards and selecting the correct one (I also work for the bank nurses, so work shifts on other wards) I reckon on average an IR1 form takes at least 20 minutes to fill in correctly (often a lot longer) I have to be careful not to put patient sensitive information in the wrong section. There's a section about others who have been affected by an incident. I can't put down patients on this section, even if they have been affected/ injured. To my mind, the Datix system could be simplified (but of course management think we're all computer experts) Then there's witnesses to incidents, who all have to fill in an IR1 form (just try getting a HCA to stay behind after a 12.5 hrs shift to sit at a computer for half an hour filling in a complicated form)

Sponsored Links
Back