NHS needs foreign doctors, Government is anti-foreigner.

Sponsored Links
Right on both counts.
you actually spend the whole of your day re-typing people’s stuff to actually reinforce the pathetic points you try to make here. what a prat you are.

Many key figures in the government want the NHS to fail so they can hand it over to private businesses that will screw us for every penny we have.

Sponsored Links
Google 'DVLA Delays Corvid' and take your pick.
Well funnily enough I did...

And guess what I found on the DVLA website...

"If your photocard driving licence or your entitlement to drive expires between 1 February 2020 and 31 August 2020 you have a 7-month extension from the date of expiry. This means that you will not need to renew your photocard or entitlement to drive until seven months after your original expiry date. You do not need to do anything as this extension is automatic."

Best you check the facts before posting fake news!

Edit: "The government is making temporary provisions for bus and lorry drivers aged 45 and over to forego the need for a D4 medical in order to renew their driving entitlement."

"Drivers with health issues will still need to declare these, and those with health issues that prevent them from driving safely will not have their licence renewed. All drivers must ensure they are medically fit to drive.

With NHS staff rightly focused on the nationwide response to Coronavirus, these temporary changes will help protect essential supply chains and keep the country moving at this critical time."

Last edited:
Well funnily enough I did...

And guess what I found on the DVLA website...

"If your photocard driving licence or your entitlement to drive expires between 1 February 2020 and 31 August 2020 you have a 7-month extension from the date of expiry. This means that you will not need to renew your photocard or entitlement to drive until seven months after your original expiry date. You do not need to do anything as this extension is automatic."

Best you check the facts before posting fake news!

Edit: "The government is making temporary provisions for bus and lorry drivers aged 45 and over to forego the need for a D4 medical in order to renew their driving entitlement."

"Drivers with health issues will still need to declare these, and those with health issues that prevent them from driving safely will not have their licence renewed. All drivers must ensure they are medically fit to drive.

With NHS staff rightly focused on the nationwide response to Coronavirus, these temporary changes will help protect essential supply chains and keep the country moving at this critical time."

So my link to a Guardian link is fake news..............well, well, well...........that's a first. :)

Who manages these medicals?............DVLA who are struggling with CV19 backlogs.

Who manages these medicals?............DVLA who are struggling with CV19 backlogs.
Wrong again...

The DVLA go on information from 'medicals' which are performed by doctors...

And as usual, also a case of self declaration...

"Providing you have a current driving licence and you have not been told by your doctor or optician that you should not drive, you will be able to drive."

Oh, and if you ever need to renew a document make sure you take a scan of all the relevant details before sending it off :)

Wrong again...

The DVLA go on information from 'medicals' which are performed by doctors...

And as usual, also a case of self declaration...

"Providing you have a current driving licence and you have not been told by your doctor or optician that you should not drive, you will be able to drive."

Oh, and if you ever need to renew a document make sure you take a scan of all the relevant details before sending it off :)

There are doctors within the DVLA who review all the medical declarations to check whether they are fit to drive. The actual medicals may be conducted by GPs but it is the DVLA based docs who have the final say to authorise the issue of a driving licence. All medical declarations are submitted via a D4 paper application form, and its the paper applications (of all types) which have built up a backlog due to the DVLA going into lockdown in March. DVLA may have extended entitlements for existing and already reported medical conditions, but medicals will still be needed for new conditions or drivers applying for their first HGV licence. The whole point of my initial input to this thread is that its not only foreigners who have been affected by delays in public service administrations, something the biased OP fails to grasp.

The whole point of my initial input to this thread is that its not only foreigners who have been affected by delays in public service administrations, something the biased OP fails to grasp.
And what you have failed to grasp again is that any delays to the systems that UK citizens can access are addressed by an effective 'loosening' of the time frames to avoid inconvenience, and any one delay doesn't affect other aspects of your life ...

But documents that immigrants need to access any or all of these systems are the be all and end all for them!

But hey, if you want to have less doctors and nurses available at this time then don't ever complain about increased waiting times!

Sponsored Links
Back