We Brits love conspiracy theories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Leavers more likely to doubt immigration figures and think there is a plot to make Muslims the majority in UK

In the UK, people who supported Brexit were considerably more likely to give credence to conspiracy theories than those who opposed it, with 71% of leave voters believing at least one theory compared with 49% of remain voters.

Almost half (47%) of leave voters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth about how many immigrants live in the UK, versus 14% of remain voters. A striking 31% of leave voters believed that Muslim immigration was part of a wider plot to make Muslims the majority in Britain, a conspiracy theory that originated in French far-right circles that was known as the “great replacement”. The comparable figure for remain voters was 6%.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-60-of-britons-believe-in-conspiracy-theories

That graphic at the end is quite striking.

Sponsored Links
Ive never heard of 'great replacement' before.

It seems entirely sensible to believe the government have concealed the truth about the numbers of immigrants living in the UK. Anybody that thinks otherwise would be niave and stupid.

Afterall the UK doesnt control immigration, so how would they know the numbers.

Only a Numpty would believe that constitutes a conspiracy theory.

Apparently 82% of remainers were weaned on formula milk :ROFLMAO:

"The disparities between those who voted for Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the US was even more stark, where 47% of Trump voters believed that man-made global warming was a hoax, compared with 2.3% of Clinton voters."

"Almost half (47%) of leave voters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth"

A willingness to believe fantasy might explain their voting patterns.

Sponsored Links
Ive never heard of 'great replacement' before.

It seems entirely sensible to believe the government have concealed the truth about the numbers of immigrants living in the UK. Anybody that thinks otherwise would be niave and stupid.

Afterall the UK doesnt control immigration, so how would they know the numbers.

Only a Numpty would believe that constitutes a conspiracy theory.

Apparently 82% of remainers were weaned on formula milk :ROFLMAO:

But then using that logic how wold you know otherwise and thus disprove the point, lol

I think you stepped into it there Notch.

If we don't control immigration - why do issue Visas and ask for passports? Let everyone through.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Leavers more likely to doubt immigration figures and think there is a plot to make Muslims the majority in UK

In the UK, people who supported Brexit were considerably more likely to give credence to conspiracy theories than those who opposed it, with 71% of leave voters believing at least one theory compared with 49% of remain voters.

Almost half (47%) of leave voters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth about how many immigrants live in the UK, versus 14% of remain voters. A striking 31% of leave voters believed that Muslim immigration was part of a wider plot to make Muslims the majority in Britain, a conspiracy theory that originated in French far-right circles that was known as the “great replacement”. The comparable figure for remain voters was 6%.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-60-of-britons-believe-in-conspiracy-theories

That graphic at the end is quite striking.
Remoaner desperation.Panicking now

I think the real story here is how mainstream newspaper publishers are having to write click-bait garbage to try and keep what's left of their readership interested.

Almost half (47%) of leave voters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth about how many immigrants live in the UK, versus 14% of remain voters.

The government don’t know the truth.

Here’s a true story.

My mate moved house 9 months ago and soon after had his card cloned. Had to make a load of calls but got it sorted between the bank and the police.

Last week he got a letter from Hastings saying his direct debit had failed. He got his statement out and there it was, £33 on the 15th.

He phoned them and after some confusion the told him ‘It’s for your 2006 Ford Focus’ to which he replied ‘I don’t have a Focus, I drive a Golf’. ‘Oh’ they said ‘This is common, you have been identity frauded, you need to phone the police’.

Phones the police, gets a reference, gives it to the insurance, sorted.

Couple of days later gets a letter from an impound place in Croydon. ‘You need to collect your Ford Focus because the storage costs are now adding up’. Phoned them, same thing, phone the police.

Phoned the police, ‘Oh yes sir, this is very common, people come to the UK illegally and steal a legitimate ID’.

Regarding the Muslims, in 2001 the Muslim population of Rochdale was 19.9%, in 2011 it was 27.5%. I’m not saying they are deliberately increasing numbers, i’d never thought of it before reading this thread.

And I bet the comit a good 60% of the crime. My perception of them probably makes me a racist.

ut then using that logic how wold you know otherwise and thus disprove the point, lol

I think you stepped into it there Notch.

If we don't control immigration - why do issue Visas and ask for passports? Let everyone through

You mean you have stepped into it, which I pointed out.

Youve admitted immigration is uncontrolled. Therefore numbers are unknown.

So please do show how not believing government figures about immigration can be considered a conspiracy theory?

The government don’t know the truth.

Here’s a true story.

My mate moved house 9 months ago and soon after had his card cloned. Had to make a load of calls but got it sorted between the bank and the police.

Last week he got a letter from Hastings saying his direct debit had failed. He got his statement out and there it was, £33 on the 15th.

He phoned them and after some confusion the told him ‘It’s for your 2006 Ford Focus’ to which he replied ‘I don’t have a Focus, I drive a Golf’. ‘Oh’ they said ‘This is common, you have been identity frauded, you need to phone the police’.

Phones the police, gets a reference, gives it to the insurance, sorted.

Couple of days later gets a letter from an impound place in Croydon. ‘You need to collect your Ford Focus because the storage costs are now adding up’. Phoned them, same thing, phone the police.

Phoned the police, ‘Oh yes sir, this is very common, people come to the UK illegally and steal a legitimate ID’.

Regarding the Muslims, in 2001 the Muslim population of Rochdale was 19.9%, in 2011 it was 27.5%. I’m not saying they are deliberately increasing numbers, i’d never thought of it before reading this thread.

And I bet the comit a good 60% of the crime. My perception of them probably makes me a racist.

No it doesn't. I suspect they are represented at a higher percentage in crime than their population.

Governments don't have perfect information but they do provide the raw data if asked. So they could massage the report by focusing on the way they want to interpret the data but you can look at the data yourself.

ID fraud is on the rise because every Tom, dick and Harry are asking for ID to prove who you are. If I wanted to get people's details I wouldnt hack banks, most of your data is available in schools, councils, tenancy agents etc - soft targets.

Last edited:
Almost half (47%) of leave voters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth

About immigration......then they are sensible.

A willingness to believe fantasy might explain their voting patterns.
You mean like students voting for Labour because they thought their loans would be paid.
Yup fantasy

'It was an ambition' .......please do let me know how much ambition amounts to in pounds and pence :ROFLMAO:

I next itll be John McDonnell saying he is gonna buy out all the PFI loans :ROFLMAO:

You mean you have stepped into it, which I pointed out.

Youve admitted immigration is uncontrolled. Therefore numbers are unknown.

So please do show how not believing government figures about immigration can be considered a conspiracy theory?

I don't think you even know you have argued against your own point.

You can be sceptical of Government figures but when you want to justify it because of some conspiracy that they are hiding the real figures because they have a different agenda. :mrgreen:

ID fraud is on the rise because every Tom, dick and Harry are asking for ID to prove who you are. If I wanted to get people's details I wouldnt hack banks, most of your data is available in schools, councils, tenancy agents etc - soft targets.

Even Toolstation, Screwfix and Hastings Direct!!

Ha ha ha

What utter garbage.

You are the one claiming it is a conspiracy. Now you are trying to backtrack :)

Did you even read the report Notch. Did you even understand what I wrote.

You are really not understanding it. I fear it's a Saturday your brain is fried from the week.

Sponsored Links
Back