DIY Bath panel

Hi, I’ve had this problem recently, removed our old p shaped bath panel thinking a replacement would be easy to come by! This one looks great, can I check how the plastic is fixed at the top. Is there some wood used around the top of the frame? I understand how’s it’s fixed at the bottom but can’t work out the top, both on the straight bit and the curve.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I’m still not quite sure just slide under slot under the bath edge means? Our bath has a curved edge, then a lip so there is somewhere for the boards to go (behind the lip) albeit not slotted in. I am wondering if the soffit boards are just held in place by being in contact with the underside of the bath which would suffice? I was thinking a piece of timber of timber to hold them in place but this maybe difficult on the curved edge

The bath panels where I am currently working are simply held in place with silicone, then siliconed neatly with the same

Sponsored Links
Just sorted one for my nephew, used soffit pvc, its twin walled so ripped the rear every panel to reduce it to single thickness which bends easily.
Lay ply or board over top edge to mark shape of curve , cut this out and fix to floor inline to hold the base of panel and finish with pvc trim to form a skirting. water proof and easily cleaned.
White silicon to seal all gaps.Best of all just £10 for plastic.
View attachment 186486

Hi all

Thanks @foxhole for this. A solution to my bath panel problems. All going well but I seem to have fell at the final hurdle and wondered if you would be kind enough to offer any advice. When I’m trying to tap the fixing pins in at the base the wood will not hold in place. I’ve tried all sorts to fix to the tiles and it will not withstand the hammering of the nails and just becomes un stuck. It seems a shame to give up now as I can see it will work. Just need a way to fix it in place. I hope this makes sense, I’m a beginner DIYer at best but pretty pleased with how the rest of the project has gone.

Thanks in advance

Hi all

Thanks @foxhole for this. A solution to my bath panel problems. All going well but I seem to have fell at the final hurdle and wondered if you would be kind enough to offer any advice. When I’m trying to tap the fixing pins in at the base the wood will not hold in place. I’ve tried all sorts to fix to the tiles and it will not withstand the hammering of the nails and just becomes un stuck. It seems a shame to give up now as I can see it will work. Just need a way to fix it in place. I hope this makes sense, I’m a beginner DIYer at best but pretty pleased with how the rest of the project has gone.

Thanks in advance
Ideally, you drill thru tile and screw to timber below unless you have solid floors in which case some adhesive like Fixall should hold it.
I screwed the panels to the timbers at the base [small screws] and glued on a cover trim, then infilled gaps with silicone.

@foxhole I know this is resurrecting a really old thread but I’ve been searching for a solution for months now and think the only option is to copy your idea.

I’m not the best at DIY so I wondered if you could help by telling me how you secured the panel to the ply you secured to the floor and also how it’s secured at the top.

And if you don’t mind, can you advise what I should search for for the trim please.

@foxhole I know this is resurrecting a really old thread but I’ve been searching for a solution for months now and think the only option is to copy your idea.

I’m not the best at DIY so I wondered if you could help by telling me how you secured the panel to the ply you secured to the floor and also how it’s secured at the top.

And if you don’t mind, can you advise what I should search for for the trim please.
As previous post , baths have a lip at top to accept panels , small screws to secure to ply , trim from same uvpc suppliers as soffit panels.
Google https://www.google.com/search?q=uvp...ent=safari&dlnr=1&sei=1gycZd-LLcaEhbIP7OePoAk

@foxhole Thank you for replying, it’s much appreciated. Sorry to ask more questions - I get very brain foggy at times. Am I right in thinking the screws go through the bottom of each ‘panel’ and into the ‘side’ of the ply, which will be secured to the floor? Then the screws will be covered by the trim? Like this..the blue represents the ply attached to the floor, the red lines, represent the plastic panels and the white dots represent the screws?

IMG_0749.jpeg

@foxhole Thank you for replying, it’s much appreciated. Sorry to ask more questions - I get very brain foggy at times. Am I right in thinking the screws go through the bottom of each ‘panel’ and into the ‘side’ of the ply, which will be secured to the floor? Then the screws will be covered by the trim? Like this..the blue represents the ply attached to the floor, the red lines, represent the plastic panels and the white dots represent the screws?

View attachment 328417
Yes screws go thru a narrow points (groove)on the panel ( only two per panel required ).Doesn’t have to be ply just any timber wide enough to be able to mirror bath shape .

Yes screws go thru a narrow points (groove)on the panel ( only two per panel required ).Doesn’t have to be ply just any timber wide enough to be able to mirror bath shape .
Thanks again it really is appreciated. It all makes sense now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back