Strengthening an Acrylic bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted my own bathroom, the acrylic panels that came with the bath are a joke, Rolf Harris could use it as a wobble board :) I've already had to cut a couple of peices out of the lip so it fits flush to the bath without fouling the bath supports, and the panel clips supplied with it don't fit the narrow wooden battening :evil:

It has a convex front so when ever you lean over the bath and touch it, it deforms and pops in, occasionally with a worrying 'crack' sound.

Can I just lay 40x20mm battens along its length inside the curved section and bed them down on a load of silicone sealant? I'm assuming any bath tyoe sealant is safe to use on Acrylic and won't weaken it?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You could try that but I don't know how well it would work, perhaps some hardboard strips running vertically would help.

If it doesn't work you can purchase a more substantial panel from any diy shed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back