Bath panel - in a tight gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having trouble fitting a bath panel. IT's wooden, and ideally I want to put it under the lip of the bath. Trouble is the vanity unit is too close so I can't get a steep enough angle to lean it and tuck it up under the bath. I have considered fitting it outside of the lip of the bath, but then it would need sealing to prevent water getting behind it and I reckon silicon along the edge will go grubby quite quickly.

Photo is here:

View media item 20106
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Only option that I can see is to shave the lip off the top of the panel and then seal it or it will rot. Then fix the panel to the frame with velcro.

by the looks of it it needs trimming down anyway or the bath was set to low.
but you should be able to trim it horizontal with a enough to lip under slightly and fix at the bottom.
remember if its to tight getting in it will be dame tighter getting out.

Form a kick plate at the bottom or half it in two & fit hinges.

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same.
Accept the fact that you'll have to remove the vanity unit,
fit the panel,
replace the vanity unit.
You KNOW it's the only way.

Easier than buggering about in the long run.

Hope those bath taps are good quality. Will be a reet buugger to change!

s*d that job on a call out.
monkey_photo.gif

Cut an inch off the bottom of the panel, then fit panel, then fit skirting board to bottom of panel to hide the gap. Remember to seal any cuts you make.

Cut an inch off the bottom of the panel, then fit panel, then fit skirting board to bottom of panel to hide the gap. Remember to seal any cuts you make.

Spot on, surely this is the most aesthetically pleasing way to do it.

Thanks for all the advise so far. I'm definitely not removing the vanity to get the panel in and out!

I think I'm going to cut the top rather than the bottom, as this will be hidden under the lip of the bath. There will be a section of wood behind it at the bottom so I'll finish that off nicely at the front edge. The panel will need lifting up about 5 to 10mm I reckon so the gap at the bottom isn't huge. I also need to reduce it's length as it's longer than the bath at the moment.

Any suggestions for how to cut it? What type of saw to cut it with? I have a circular saw but I fear it will tear the plastic / vinyl off it. I have a jigsaw, but that won't be too straight. Or a hand saw perhaps? What do you suggest?

Ant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back