DIY Bath panel

Sponsored Links
This looks great - what size is the soffit?

I have a p-shaped bath that's 1650mm length x 560mm height so the 300mm soffit will be too small. Any advice on materials that would suit this size? Would really appreciate it!
The panel is 300mm wide and 5m long so will easily do your bath.

Sponsored Links
Timber will rot very quickly in damp of a bathroom and any spills with speed that up .
I've built dozens of plywood bath panels finished with decorative moulding.
Treated and varnished, especially edges, they last forever.
In fact, I haven't replaced any yet and some of them are over 20 years old.

He needs to cut 6 x 300w section at 560mm which will span 560x 1800 ( he only needs 1680).
ANY clearer?
Yes, thanks.

I thought this was a panel cut to length and height to fit the bath, not a panel cut into sections each one of which was turned through 90° and fitted together.

upload_2020-3-22_16-1-49-png.186486

i.e. that a 560 x1650 panel would need to be made from one at least 560 x1650.

Hi. This looks great foxhole. Out of interest how did you connect the panels to the top of the bath? Thanks in advance.

Hi. This looks great foxhole. Out of interest how did you connect the panels to the top of the bath? Thanks in advance.
They just slide into slot under bath edge only fixed with a small screw or pin at base hidden by trim.

Next time (if there is a next time) try it with a router and a 60º v-groove cutter which will allow you to bend to a tighter radius. I also find soaking the outside before bending it into shape helps reduce snapping - doesn't always cure it, though.

The alternative is to buy some Bendiply, Superform or the like. The one problem with that stuff, apart from the fact that it isn't cheap, is that it does need to be glued to shaped (copy routed) formers to retain its' shape and being only 9mm thick so you do need to glue two layers together to get 18mm. I've used it quite a few times to make the fronts of curved reception desks, counters, refectory units, bars, etc. Amazing stuff

Suiperform Bendy Plywood.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back