DIY DG window fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have just bought a window over the counter to fit my self. After unpacking it and checking everything is complete I have noticed that the glazing has some foil coloured tape running around the edges of the glass. I assume this is top stop someone getting cut. Is it OK to remove this tape when the glass gets inserted into the frame or does it do something important as it does not fit poperly with this tape on?

Sponsored Links
Do not remove the foil. It has an important job to do in helping keep damp out of the unit as well as covering cut edges.

If the unit is the right size for the frame (& why wouldn't it be?!) the foil should be covered by the seals when it is centralised in its aperture. You'll probably need some packers to do this. Ask your supplier or you can buy small quantities on eBay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back