DIY friendly alarm with remote app to arm and disarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Is there a diy friendly alarm that can be armed or disarmed remotely via mobile phone?
Could do with a suggestion, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ring works well, good integration with all the ring products, cameras etc option to have cellular back up...but its horses for courses...how secure do you want ?

Thanks for the responses.
I currently have a wireless risco system with gardtec tag keyboard. The main panel is connected to a separate mobile phone dialling unit. Unfortunately this does not seem to have an option for remote arming.
My question is, could some of tbe existing sensors be reused with the systems you suggested?

Sponsored Links
Ring works well, good integration with all the ring products, cameras etc option to have cellular back up...but its horses for courses...how secure do you want ?
Hi is ring secure enough in your opinion and can i also ask if this does allow arming and dearming remotely, i checked online and I wasn't sure this option was available.

Hi is ring secure enough in your opinion and can i also ask if this does allow arming and dearming remotely, i checked online and I wasn't sure this option was available.
Its secure enough for us, do we trust Amazon as its an amazon brand completely with our data...hmmm, well I trust them to try to sell us stuff we don't want. Is the system secure...I would say so, its a big big brand, would I put it round the crown jewels no...the question is do you own anything that is so valuable that thieves would take the time to hack your system. Is the system itself secure pretty much, all the cameras and sensors are pretty hack proof. Like all things its only as secure as the password / pin you use and who you tell it too. As the ring app which controls things is on a mobile you can use the biometric security- face lock or fingerprint scanner to secure the alarm. But a standard pin code to unlock a phone has 10,000 combinations so....

...The ring app lets you arm and disarm it from a mobile - anywhere that has a mobile signal, and has geofencing see...https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052805372-Geofence-in-the-Ring-App. Basically you control the system from the app on your phone / computer.

You can integrate it with Alexa and use its scripting tool...we use ours to turn the external lights on and disarm the system as we drive up, "alexa were home" and "alexa were off"...lights on/off, heating on/off and alarm off/on. You don't need any alexa devices , alexa app can just be installed on a mobile phone. As we rent out holiday lets we secure remote sites with it..its just worked for the last 4 years.

If you are getting on a bit its pretty good at doing the whole assisted living bit - I am not paid by the way for amazon....see https://en-uk.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

Many thanks for your reply.

It does have an external bell?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back