DIY Loft Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any websites out there to describe a diy loft conversion?
Step by step guide for doing it myself !!
Will not be a proper , by the regulation conversion, want to do the following;
1=widen loft hatch for stairs
2=board out and make floor stronger for heavy items
3=board out to make a room and insulate roof rafters
4=fit light , and have some power supply for pc and playstation ect

Sponsored Links
Hi, Sounds like a great idea to me.... But as your already stating you wont be doing it to regs i cant see you getting much responce in here.... plenty of these boys and girls a really stricklers to the rules and regs....

Anyway... Maybe we could give you spointers ;)

Tell us more info:

What are the sizes of the current joists?

Trusses structure? Diagram, picture?

Supports below from brick walls?

How are you planning on adding the electrics? New ring? seperate supply for lights? Spur from existing sockets? exisiting lighting?

MasterAbacus said:
Hi, Sounds like a great idea to me.... But as your already stating you wont be doing it to regs i cant see you getting much responce in here.... plenty of these boys and girls a really stricklers to the rules and regs....

Anyway... Maybe we could give you spointers ;)

Tell us more info:

What are the sizes of the current joists?

Trusses structure? Diagram, picture?

Supports below from brick walls?

How are you planning on adding the electrics? New ring? seperate supply for lights? Spur from existing sockets? exisiting lighting?
think youve scared him off....lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
As it doesn't look like fcwoods is going to reply.. would you kind people be able to help me.

I have seen a couple of similar threads on this site, and don't want to bore everyone by repeating stuff, but I am looking to increase the size of the loft hatch. the current size is 870mm x 600mm and I want to increase it to be 1190mm x 590mm.

I've taken pictures to try and answer the questions which I hope you will have in order to help that can be
//www.diynot.com/network/tintagel11/albums/

Any ideas/advice would be very much appreciated.[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back