diy plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replastered my bathroom with bonding and multi finish top coat. Most of the top coat is level and smooth and i'm happy, however as I am a beginner @ plastering there is a few pits and rough bits. I was thinking of applying a basecoat sealer to disguise these but reading the forum indicates that this is probally not very wise.

Could anyone tell me what is the best way to fill small pits and smooth over rough bits in my it top coat plaster?

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Honestly? The best way would be get a plasterer in to glue and reskim.

If you are fixed on doing it yourself then it's a case of filler, careful sanding, and lots of time.

Sponsored Links
paint the wall with a watered down emulsion paint, usually 50/50ish.

this will show up any blemishes. fill the blemishes with fine filler and lightly sand.

do not use pva if you intend painting the surface.

good on ya for giving it a go. ;)

If I were you I'd:

paint the wall with a watered down emulsion paint, usually 50/50ish.

this will show up any blemishes. fill the blemishes with fine filler and lightly sand.

do not use pva if you intend painting the surface.

good on ya for giving it a go. ;)

That's, that's, that's,
What, what, what,
I, I, I,
Would, would, would.
Do. do. do...too. ;)

Roughcaster.

you wanna try submitting a post whilst drawing an octopus for your eldest sprog and talking on the phone. :eek: :LOL:

Ok Housediyer,
It's not normally as crazy as this :oops: , but hopefully you got enough info to help you out. ;)

Roughcaster.

you wanna try submitting a post whilst drawing an octopus for your eldest sprog and talking on the phone. :eek: :LOL:

Noseall,

You such a nice guy you feel obliged to reply. And to top it all you can do what was once beleived only women can do........MULTI TASK.

But can you rub your tummy whilest patting your head :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back