DIY Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
is there a course or good diy book that i can study that will teach me all of the plumbing skills needed for at home?
i want to be able to happily remove rad's and move heating pipes without calling anyone in?
thanks all

Sponsored Links
Try looking on youtube, you can find videos of people doing plumbing work with them showing you how to do it.

Tomplumb has good videos.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Check your local tech college. Many do short evening courses aimed at diyers.

Yes, tomplumb on Youtube is a star!

Make sure you read the comments on the videos before you assume that they are doing things the correct way.

There are some absolutely hilarious ones out there from "professional" companies where they are doing lots of things rather wrong.

One of my favourites is a woman installing a radiator valve using 3 turns of PTFE tape on the stem that goes into the radiator, winding it the wrong way onto the threads then tightening things up with what looks like a pump spanner .....

I would avoid your local technical college unless you want loads of health and safety twaddle, a bit of plumbing from the seventies, and hours spent braying chimney flashings out of lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back