I want to learn plumbing, but where?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have the whole summer off and I would like to learn some plumbing during this time.

I would like to know of some recommended courses that can teach me basic/intermediate elements of the trade.

please offer your suggestions

I am also interested in tiling, decorating, roofing... basically anything DIY related.

Sponsored Links
Where are you based STD?? B&Q are offering short courses in some areas for DaftyDIYers in & aroiund Glasgow. I'm not sure about other areas of the country though??

The one near me, they do them in this training area, right next to the Tradepoint counter & this training area has very large windows, so you can see everything that's going on. What a laugh you get when you're waiting to get served at the counter. They were doing Plastering the other evening, the place was in an uproar!! This old dear was covered in Plaster, there was more on her than the wall!! They didn't even have boiler suits on??

Me & my mate are making a point of going in there nexet week, they're doing Plumbing, it's gonna be a right laff!!!

There's one Joiner got an on-line Blog about it, photos and everything!!

Hi guys,

I have the whole summer off and I would like to learn some plumbing during this time.

I would like to know of some recommended courses that can teach me basic/intermediate elements of the trade.

please offer your suggestions

I am also interested in tiling, decorating, roofing... basically anything DIY related.

Good DIY book would be good start.
Tiling etc are all fairly basic. Only one that requires skill and practise is
plastering.

Aye right DC, that's why most Plasterers are braindead morons.....Dohhh!!
And most of the DaftyDIYers are on here looking for advice when they've completely f.cked up their Plumbing system!!!

Sponsored Links
Veedee - what is the purpose of you wanting to learn these skills? Are you renovating your own house or looking for a career in the building trade?

Where's Push Fit Naz?

His time is totally occupied ridding Coventry of over charging cowboys!

It was a little amusing to me when he complained that his quotation for fitting a bathroom was so high the landlords almost laughed at him.

Tony

thanks for the replies

I live in London if that helps

I will get the DIY book and look out for B&Q sessions...

Does anyone have any other suggestions

"Having the whole summer off" would usually mean he is a schoolboy or student!

I would be suggesting he should be concentrating on his studies!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back