DIY sash renovation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was looking for some advice on the renovation of sash windows. I have found a website that sells diy renovation kits (www.diysashwindow.co.uk) and I was wondering if anyone out there had tried them and if they thought they were value for money and effective. I am mainly after the draughtproofing elements of this kit and this seems to be the only place I can get this, unless someone else knows of other suppliers of the correct type of brush seals. Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Seems a little expensive to me, we fully refurb/draughtproof sash windows for £200.00 a window a that includes a full set of window furniture including including locks!!
You also get a fitter with many years of sash window experience and a five year guarantee so in comparison i reckon its much better value for money.

Thanks for your reply, If you were anywhere near me I would want you to come and have a look but I live in Berwick-upon-Tweed (a bit too far for you I think!) and we dont seem to have anyone locally who does this kind of work. It's because of the difficulty of finding the right tradesmen at the right price that I have looked at the DIY option. I dont suppose you know where I can get the appropriate brush seals to draughtproof the window. Thanks for your help and advice

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, that looks just the thing. I love this site, you almost always get the information you want or need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back