DIY Sliding cupboard door tracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All ,

I''ve recently refurbished my garage and built two large storage units to take all my tools and garage stuff (where does it all come from !!).

they're rather large both are 2120 x 600 high and deep and one is 1500mm wide and one is 2000mm wide , height and depth were governed by storage crates I already have . with 2x2 for the frames and uprights and 18mm ply for sides, shelves ,top and bottom (no frames along top and bottom)

The problem I have is

1. The 2000mm unit has skewed out of the vertical and is not square and I am not sure I can pull it back square (caused by bowed 2x2's )Does anyone have any suggestions how to pull it square as this is a very heavy old boy to move about so any tricks would be most welcome.

2. I have been to wickes today and seen some alum u track and this got me thinking if I could fit sliding doors instead of the normal cupboard doors type once the units were square (hopefully) , but the front of the units do not have a lip top or bottom to fit a track to so any ideas on how to fix the doors would be a big help.

3. I already have some ply 18m which I am hoping to use for the doors , but am worried it would be too heavy for either method.

If anyone can help it would be a great help

Cheers

Glenn

Sponsored Links
2x2 far too small for structure, just the ply on it's own would make strong unit correctly designed , the 2x2 is just wasting space.
Siding doors don't need a frame as such, just a secure top and bottom timbers to fix rails to.They can be independent of what is behind them [which may be a good thing if yours cup'ds are wonky].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back